Why visit the Jardin d’Acclimatasion? Even if you live in Paris, it is a joyful excursion for the day!
Opened October 1860, the Jardin d’ Acclimatation originally was a zoological garden where numerous animal species from diverse regions were ‘acclimatised,’ Acclimated with the intention to present visitors with the opportunity to discover exotic species such as giraffes, camels and kangaroos, alpacas, llamas and elephants.
The 21st-century guests housed at the park include bees in their apiary, exotic birds in the ‘Grande Volière’, peacocks and ducks roam freely through the aisles or rest in their self-selected preferred areas — whether they be watered, shaded, near or inside the open-air snack bars. They seem to remain nearer to the ponds and gardens and obviously keep further from the vibrant action and sounds of attractions and rides. For animal lovers, the park also is home to rabbits, dwarf goats, crowned cranes, pigs, turkeys, guinea pigs, sheep, donkeys, and chickens.
Thus, the Jardin d’Acclimatation is a long-standing family favourite for an active outing.
This glorious peacock strolled aside us as we made our way to visit the more peaceful zone of the park, showcasing the tranquillity of the oriental gardens and the spacious areas offering gentle rides fit for small, sensitive, and/or young children.
Everyone will find at least one ride or attraction amongst the numerous choices in the amusement park. Apart from the 49 popular rides and attractions, there are shaded playgrounds, horseback rides, workshops and events to accommodate diverse interests.
5 Reasons to Spend a Day at the Jardin d’Acclimatation in Paris!
- Easy access. It is situated between Porte de Neuilly and Porte des Sablons, on the edge of the Bois de Boulogne, in the 16th arrondissement. The nearest metro station is Les Sablons (line 1), just a few minutes walk from the garden entrance.
- Attraction rides and activities are creative and fun. Each person will find at least one ride to suit his or her interest and/or comfort level. A special garden also offers more gentle rides – a better fit for smaller tykes and less adventurous visitors.
- Summer heat is alleviated by automated intermittently bursting water mists,
- The open-air snack bars offer seating and snacks. Ice cream, a staple summer delight is available in cones, cups and bars.
- The visit, among the 49 activities and rides, is “inherent” exercise, and is stimulating for the lymphatic system. It’s an opportunity to accumulate unnoticed kilometres in a beautifully vibrant setting.
- Children aged 12 and over can visit the Jardin d’Acclimatation unaccompanied.
The exciting rollercoaster RC boucle experience contrasts with the serenity of the canal cruise.
And finally, in contrast to the rough and tumble noise of the large attractions at the park, a serene cool canal cruise to begin and/or end your visit. Try it!
Additionally, above all, wherever you are, whatever you do, enjoy a beautiful summer!