Wrap up your breakfast with a breakfast burrito! Breakfast burritos are the perfect compromise for any great meal. No matter what you want, you can wrap it in a burrito and make it to go. No longer do you have to get up early and get your burrito at a drive through; you can make it yourself!
2 medium potatoes (diced)
1/2 of a red onion (diced)
1 TBS butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp bacon fat (optional)
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
1 large tomato (diced)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
12″ tortillas (flour not corn)
1. Dice your potatoes and onion and put them in a skillet with butter and olive oil, mixing occasionally so it does not burn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before you dice the onion, watch this video. It will help you get perfect dices and won’t take a lot of time.
- If you want to go a more healthy route, you can cut the butter and make it up with olive oil. I prefer to do a little bit of both.
- One thing to remember is to make sure your skillet is not too small. You want your ingredients to have room to breathe.
2. While your potatoes are cooking get the rest of your ingredients ready. Dice your tomato and set aside. If you are using fresh bacon, then this is the time to cook it up.
- When your potatoes are almost ready, add your bacon so the bacon flavor gets into all of it. You will know when the potatoes are ready by sticking a fork into them. If the fork goes in nicely, then they are ready. No one likes a hard potato.
- The potatoes should take about 20 minutes.
3. Crack your eggs into a separate bowl, then whisk in the milk. How many eggs you want will depend on how many people you plan to serve. I do one egg per person. Once the potatoes are done put them in a separate container. Cook your eggs in the same skillet you just cooked your potatoes in.
- Take the bacon fat you have from the fresh bacon and use it to grease the pan so the eggs won’t stick. If you used bacon crumbs, then you can use a little butter. I personally save my bacon fat every time in a glass jar in the fridge. This way I can have bacon flavor without having to cook bacon every time.
- You want your eggs a little wet or they end up being overcooked. Adding the milk makes the eggs nice and fluffy.
4. Once everything is cooked you are ready to assemble your burrito. Get your tortilla and start putting your ingredients in the middle. First put the eggs, then the potatoes. After, add a handful of tomatoes and cheese.
- You can get any type of flour tortilla you want. I am using a sun-dried tomato tortilla.
5. A few things to remember when making a burrito: there is a point when too much is too much. Also, make sure your ingredients are in the middle with roughly 1″ on both sides clear. After you have everything you want in the burrito, fold your breakfast burrito together.
In the end you have an amazing breakfast! No matter the time of day these burritos are great. They travel well, and they are easy to make. If you want to add some of your own ingredients, you can. Maybe a splash of guacamole, or add some hot sauce to spice it up. I know I was full after just one. Plus, if you have any leftover filling it tastes great all on its own.